Monoprice 6.5" 2 way Bookshelf
Cat was so disgusted with these that she refused take the photo.
Woofer is plastic with what looks like flux drops from soldering covering the surface of cone.
1/2 inch textile dome with a massive diffuser covering the majority of the tweeter.
Yep, that's gonna be a problem, that port is 2 inch diameter. It would need to be longer than the box to tune properly, but it's only 2 inches long.
Trim ring rattles, so quick mod to improve things is to remove it.
Another quality crossover job... This uses the same cap as the Dayton B652.
Push tab terminals, these randomly work, just keep trying until you get sound. Also has a little polyfill blanket inside.
I could not make heads or tails of these things listening to them, they just sounded wrong.. so went to measurements without any listening notes other than the port is retarded, and they sound like scrambled shit.
Couch response Annotated with my thoughts
couch measurement with socks plugging the ports
Near field measurement
Near field measurement with socks
These speakers suck, and you should not buy them.
Check out the system finder to see what I recommend.
Other content you may like:
- Rounding out the $500 price range with the SVS Prime Bookshelf Review
- ELAC A-Stock UB5 Listening Impressions are up!
- Mackie attempts to make monitors, but instead makes computer speakers - The Mackie CR3 review is up!
- The Fall of the THX standard, and a bit about some speakers - The Logitech z623 THX review is up!
- 30 years in the making, the ancient Bose 901 finally gets measured - The Bose 901 review is up!
- Lock and load, we are hitting the bottom of the barrel with both barrels - The Logitech z313 review is up!
- World debut review of the Selah Audio Compatto is up!
- Bulletproof speakers... No, it's just the B&W 686 S2 Review!
- Declare independence from the British sound! - The KEF Q300 review is up!
- Internet Stalker forces me to drink beers and review the Wave Crest HVL-1!
- Recommended System Finder - Just in time for the Holidays!
- Can Andrew Jones walk on water, find out in the ELAC B5 Review!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - RMAF 2015 Day 1 Show Report!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - RMAF 2015 Day 2 Show Report!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - RMAF 2015 Day 3 Show Report!
- Omnidirection Desktop Speaker for cheap - The Definitive Technology Incline Review!
- The desktop speaker that everyone has already reviewed - My take on the AudioEngine A2+!
- JBL LSR308 Studio Montor - Super Massive Epic Review!
- Two years after starting this site I finally get around to talking about my stereo.
- Small and cheap speakers transform into retarded and good... Micca COVO-S Review!
- AMT tweeter on a B652? The Dayton B652-AIR is reviewed for great justice!
- JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor Review!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Dude likes the way it looks, I hate the way it sounds
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Crazy beautiful speakers and too many amps
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Time machine engaged!
- Zu Essence Review!
- Pioneer BS22 Review!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - lots of tubes and massive horns