Monoprice 6.5" 2 way Bookshelf
Cat was so disgusted with these that she refused take the photo.
Woofer is plastic with what looks like flux drops from soldering covering the surface of cone.
1/2 inch textile dome with a massive diffuser covering the majority of the tweeter.
Yep, that's gonna be a problem, that port is 2 inch diameter. It would need to be longer than the box to tune properly, but it's only 2 inches long.
Trim ring rattles, so quick mod to improve things is to remove it.
Another quality crossover job... This uses the same cap as the Dayton B652.
Push tab terminals, these randomly work, just keep trying until you get sound. Also has a little polyfill blanket inside.
I could not make heads or tails of these things listening to them, they just sounded wrong.. so went to measurements without any listening notes other than the port is retarded, and they sound like scrambled shit.
Couch response Annotated with my thoughts
couch measurement with socks plugging the ports
Near field measurement
Near field measurement with socks
These speakers suck, and you should not buy them.
Check out the system finder to see what I recommend.
Other content you may like:
- Vanatoo Transparent One Review - Software update brings new standard of performance!
- Lone Star Audio Fest 2018 - Staying up late, drinking too much, smoking like chimneys!
- Andrew Jones goes back the be begining, ELAC B5.2 Debut 2.0 Review is up!
- New Scores for all reviewed speakers - Compare and sort for fun!
- Creative Sound Solutions DIY Solution for the high end - CSS Criton 1TD v2 review is up!
- Dayton Makes a Budget Desktop speaker with a crossover - Dayton Audio MK402 review is up!
- Smaller than small, deeper than deep - iLoud Micro Monitor review is up!
- Vanatoo's new speaker, The Transparent Zero review is up!
- SVS Prime Bookshelf Review is now available for your viewing pleasure
- ELAC A-Stock UB5 Listening Impressions are up!
- 30 years in the making, the ancient Bose 901 finally gets measured - The Bose 901 review is up!
- Lock and load, we are hitting the bottom of the barrel with both barrels - The Logitech z313 review is up!
- Bulletproof speakers... No, it's just the B&W 686 S2 Review!
- Declare independence from the British sound! - The KEF Q300 review is up!
- Recommended System Finder - Just in time for the Holidays!
- JBL LSR308 Studio Montor - Super Massive Epic Review!
- Two years after starting this site I finally get around to talking about my stereo.
- Small and cheap speakers transform into retarded and good... Micca COVO-S Review!
- AMT tweeter on a B652? The Dayton B652-AIR is reviewed for great justice!
- JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor Review!
- Zu Essence Review!