Monoprice 6.5" 2 way Bookshelf
Cat was so disgusted with these that she refused take the photo.
Woofer is plastic with what looks like flux drops from soldering covering the surface of cone.
1/2 inch textile dome with a massive diffuser covering the majority of the tweeter.
Yep, that's gonna be a problem, that port is 2 inch diameter. It would need to be longer than the box to tune properly, but it's only 2 inches long.
Trim ring rattles, so quick mod to improve things is to remove it.
Another quality crossover job... This uses the same cap as the Dayton B652.
Push tab terminals, these randomly work, just keep trying until you get sound. Also has a little polyfill blanket inside.
I could not make heads or tails of these things listening to them, they just sounded wrong.. so went to measurements without any listening notes other than the port is retarded, and they sound like scrambled shit.
Couch response Annotated with my thoughts
couch measurement with socks plugging the ports
Near field measurement
Near field measurement with socks
These speakers suck, and you should not buy them.
Other shit you may like:
- The desktop speaker that everyone has already reviewed - My take on the AudioEngine A2+!
- JBL LSR308 Studio Montor - Super Massive Epic Review!
- Two years after starting this site I finally get around to talking about my stereo.
- Small and cheap speakers transform into retarded and good... Micca COVO-S Review!
- Infinity Primus P163 Review!
- AMT tweeter on a B652? The Dayton B652-AIR is reviewed for great justice!
- JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor Review!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Dude likes the way it looks, I hate the way it sounds
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Crazy beautiful speakers and too many amps
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - Time machine engaged!
- Zu Essence Review!
- Pioneer BS22 Review!
- Pioneer BS21 Review!
- Micca MB42x Review!
- Updated Dayton B652 Review!
- Audio Engine P4 Review!
- NoAudiophile.com field trip - lots of tubes and massive horns